Sunday, June 6, 2010

One year later...

A year later and I finally remember I have a blog. (Shout out to Shandi and Micheil for updating yours as a reminder :)

This has been a crazy, hectic year and I don't know where to begin! First, I finished college. Yes, I'm an alumna of The University of Tennessee (GO VOLS!). I am currently unemployed and in need of a job by August. Preferably in Knoxville or the Tri-Cities, but "willing to travel" is also on my resume if anyone has any leads.

God has taught me a lot about myself the past year and I'm definitely still learning. I know my attitude sucks most of the time and He constantly shows me that I need to work harder at having an attitude of Christ (Philippians 2:5). I have read some good books the past year in addition to the Bible. First, I have read all the Karen Kingsbury books, check them out if you want a sappy, Christian fiction novel (once again shout out to Shandi for letting me borrow them). Also, I read "Prodigal God" by Tim Keller, "The Gospel and Personal Evangelism" by Mark Denver, "2 Live 4" by Ryan Dobson (definitely GREAT for teens and recommend it to others who also work with youth), "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. These are just to name a few. I'm currently reading "Screwtape Letters" by C. S. Lewis and "The Reason for God" also by Tim Keller. These are all highly recommended books and since it's summer I know everyone needs a good read for the pool or beach!

You might be thinking, why did she just waste her time and list a bunch of books? But my answer to you is because through reading and understanding these books I have come to know Christ with a passion, and have learned a lot about myself too. Like I said already, I suck a lot of the time; my attitude, actions, and everything else is ugly and stained, but through Christ, He somehow sees beauty in me even with all my imperfections.

I hope to keep this a little more up-to-date instead of the once a year thing. We'll see how it goes.

Grace and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment