Wednesday, June 9, 2010

On a lighter note.


I have found a new love for cities outside of East Tennessee. This may be sad news to some, but I am throughly enjoying my time away from Knoxville and Kingsport. In the past few months I have been to:

-Cleveland, Ohio

-Atlanta, Georgia


-San Antonio, Texas

-Charleston, South Carolina

-New Orleans, Louisiana


(by the end of this week add Niagara Falls, Canada and New York)
....along with all the driving and stops between most of these places.

There is one state I will mark off of my list of places to visit again: West Virginia. It was a beautiful drive for the first hour, but after driving for 3 or so hours and never seeing anything at all got real old, real fast. And I thought Kingsport got boring, I can't imagine an entire state of boring.

My goal is to visit all 50 states within the next 5 years. These are the only states I have never visited in all my 21 years:
-Alaska
-Arizona
-Colorado
-Hawaii
-Idaho
-Iowa
-Kansas
-Michigan
-Minnesota
-Montana
-Nebraska
-Nevada
-New Mexico
-North Dakota
-Oklahoma
-South Dakota
-Utah
-Wisconsin
-Wyoming

31 down, 19 to go!

In one trip, I would like to knock out Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico (and I guess Oklahoma and Kansas either on the way there or back if driving)... if anyone wants to do the same, holler at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment