Tuesday, July 27, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

I feel like bloggers make lists of their favorite things all the time. So here I am, joining the crowd. Not that I consider myself a blogger since no one even reads this trash... haha.

First, these are my five favorite things for summer, not just of all time.

#1. Summer dresses - they are cute, fun, and can be worn all summer long, to work, church, dinner, the park, drinks out, or even just to the grocery store.



#2. Tervis Tumblers - I actually use these all year, but summer is when they get the most use. I have Tennessee Vols ones and Mayfield Milk (won it for free freshman year!), and my parents have an excessive amount... but I love it, keeps cold things cold and hot things hot.. all while never leaving a water ring. (This is a picture of the next set I want to buy!)



#3. Camera - This is actually a picture of one of the cameras I have. I haven't whipped it out in a long, long time because who wants to wait for film to be developed? They have to send that off now and it takes days. So, I really carry around my little digital camera. But summer is the best time to take photos, I mean that is when everyone is hot, sweaty, and looking best.



#4. L.L.Bean canvas tote - This is God's gift to women. Seriously. It hold everything and it's the sturdiest thing around. Even get it monogrammed and now L.L.Bean isn't just for preppy kids and moms over the age of 40. They have cute colors especially for summer!



#5. Last but not least, Sunglasses - Sunglasses are a thing I don't usually skimp on unless I need a pair for a weekend and know they will end up being ruined. So when I go to the beach I have a pair to wear while on the beach and in the water and have a nice pair to wear out. And I only wear Aviators. If I'm ever caught with anything else on they probably aren't my shades. Lately, I've been rocking my Kenneth Cole Reaction shades... I got mine at T.J.Maxx for next to nothing. I suggest doing the same (online these are $55, I got mine for $15)! Right now, Vera Bradley has some super cute ones.



With the combination of all five of these things anyone is prepared for an average summer day. So go throw on a summer dress and a pair of shades. Grab your camera and tote, and pour yourself a cool refreshing beverage and enjoy your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment