Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Blast from the Past.

One thing I love doing is reading through my old journals. As I am trying to get stuff together for a possible move, I ran across my journal from the summer I spent in Texas. So this was from 2 years ago. I just wanted to share I little of what it said:

"I want and NEED to give everything to you, God. It's going to be hard and new for me, but I need it and You want me. I've learned patience and I've learned to give up my worldly relationships, because you, God, are good and You are sweet. And with you as my life it too will be good and sweet.

'Those who sow tears shall reap with shouts of joy! He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.'

That's what I want, I want to bear the seed for sowing and plant that seed in the hearts of all I know, I want to go home, both to Knoxville and home to heaven with shouts of joy! No shame, no discouragement, no doubt. I have been stretched, I have been broken, I have cried on my knees, I have sat and talked to girls about God and how great he is in my life. But God has broken me just to build me and he made me better."

It was a great reminder of how much I suck. I have fallen and stumbled countless times since I wrote this and will probably continue to do so, but I am glad that was the entry I opened to this evening. I needed a slap in the face and hopefully I will constantly remember this and how I felt when I wrote it. The joy in my sorrow. The hope for my future. Everything.

Here are a couple pictures from that summer!

I know that at camp you aren't supposed to have favorites, but it happens to everyone. This week of girls were my favorite. They were awesome! Even 2 years later, I remember them and pray for them!



This is a picture of the people that kept me sane the summer in Texas. The girls on the couch were my co-counselors the whole summer and the boys in the back were in my brother cabin. Great people who I really, truly miss!



I just realized how ridiculous everyone looks in both those pictures, but when working with children it's fun! The first is from "opening show" where the goal is for everyone to look as crazy as possible. And the second was from Tacky Prom, hence the tacky outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment