Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Break



Fall break and a breath of fresh air.

Literally and metaphorically.

For fall break, I do not have any plans. Not one. Okay, maybe one. But that is it. Only one. After a weekend of extreme busyness and fun, I am looking forward to it.

Last Thursday, A & I went to Kingsport for a Friday filled of wedding planning. We had engagement pictures taken by Jessica Rogers Friday morning. She is hilarious and a great family friend with some of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Luckily, the rain held off for a while and we got some great shots. Worrying about the sun was way better than worrying about rain and fog. We would be posed and say "Okay wait for it, the clouds are coming... wait for it.. 3.... 2... 1... Okay, GO!" It was humorous for sure.

Then after engagement pictures, we went to meet with the cake lady. She is the best in town and I am so excited to have her making my cakes! She forgot to write us down in her planner for the meeting so we interrupted her Friday afternoon of baking, but she was nice enough to work with us. We are on the books and get to taste cakes in a few months. (I'm sure will be the best part!) Then we headed from there to meet the flower lady, Connie Timmons. She was great and does beautiful work.


Honestly, we are pretty much done with wedding stuff for a while. We got our matches in the mail this weekend. So our favors are done. And I got an email saying that my wedding dress is in! (10 weeks before they said it would be!) I am so so so excited to go get MINE instead of trying on the store one! My mom and future mother-in-law are going to with me to get it Thursday afternoon!

This has turned into a wedding blog, and I'm totally okay with it.

Also, if you don't have Pinterest, you totally need to get one. On this wonderful day of vacation from school, I have made 2 recipes I found on there. They are both great! Can't wait to become a better cook, especially since I will soon be cooking for 2 regularly not just a few times a week.

This is the gourmet grill cheese I made this afternoon: pesto, roma tomatoes, and mozzarella.


I also made these lemon bars.

Delicious!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment