Monday, November 1, 2010

you got nerve.

I have a nervous stomach. I'm pretty sure it is because of my interview for Grad School this evening and it's all that I can think about today. My mind is racing with questions. The odds are not too great. They are only taking 6 applicants and there are over 60 (My guess at least. I know there were 40 three weeks ago.) Not great odds, but I'm confident in my interviewing skills, my personality, and my love for children. Honestly, the worst thing would be that I finish school Spring 2013 instead of Summer 2012. I need to have a better outlook on the interview and admissions process... I just hate that they only take very few post-grads (They mainly take people without their undergraduate degree already so they can finish in a total of 5 instead of getting the degree and taking 2 more years. - UT has a great program if you know you want your teaching license early.)

Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

This verse is what I will cling to today. Because I have Christ on my side, I am strong, I am courageous (even if my odds aren't great), I have no need to be frightened or scared or dismayed. He is with me in scary interviews that determine my future for the next 2 years, and he is with me regardless of the outcome of the interview. That's the good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment