Tuesday, November 9, 2010

slowly but surely.

Slowly but surely, I am learning more and more about myself everyday. And today is no different.

If you really knew me, you'd know that I hate waking up early. But this morning, 6 am came early but was totally worth it. Even though I've only been awake for less that three hours, a lot has happened in that small amount of time. With all that's going on in my life and all that has been eating away at me and on my heart, I met with a very wise lady this morning that could totally relate and give some really fantastic advice. I am thankful for people in my life that aren't afraid to be honest and loving at the same time, and I am learning that I have a lot more of those people than I expected. She opened my eyes to see that maybe part of the issue was me and my sinful nature. Actually, not maybe... that is part of the issue.

The verse she gave me that really made me realize this is from Galatians 5.

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Instead of trying to "fix" others, which I can't do anyway.. I need to focus on being filled with the Spirit and ask Him to work in me. Through this, hopefully I will be able to help others make changes and live life with them. I have noticed myself being selfish, jealous, conceited, and self-centered (which I'm really good at hiding). Not being loving, honest, and true. (The lady I met with added BOLD to that mix as well.) Instead of hiding, I need to use opportunities to be bold in my faith.

So today, I am thankful that I am becoming a better person today than I was yesterday... and hoping that tomorrow I am a better person than I am today. But realizing that I am not doing this alone, I can only do this through Christ and the Holy Spirit living and moving in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment